Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I really,really, really, love my daughter...

As is evident by....wait, are you sitting down? Are you ready for this? Guess where I'm going to be on March 5th? I'm taking K to the Ashlee Simpson concert in Chicago. Woo-freakin-Hoo!!

Her stepdad bought the tickets and made reservations for us at a four star hotel (thank you very much--I'm gonna need all the amenities I can get for doing this one) as K's Christmas gift. She's so excited. I wonder if Nexium makes a t-shirt? I would soooo wear it to the concert. Maybe I could get one made. Something to the effect of Nexium knocks out acid reflux, what do you think?

Needless to say, he's scored big points with K but she's not quite the pushover that I am. It will take more than a well chosen gift to win her back. We spent Christmas day together and it was a very nice, peaceful way to spend the holiday. There was lots of laughter and it felt really good for all of us to be together. K commented that things weren't as awkward, didn't feel as weird as she thought they might. Of course, J was thrilled to have all of us together and her big, happy smiles were the best part of Christmas.

I am allowing myself to be at least a little optimistic about the future but for now, I'm happy to take things very slowly....one day at a time. S and I may or may not reconcile but I am filled with such peace with the resolution to forgive and to embrace the love we share for our children. My hope is that this will make it possible to honor and respect one another in a way that will allow us to continue to be the best parents we can be to the girls.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 4 star hotel in Chicago I would LOVE; a teen concert, I would not. Can't he go to the concert with her while you soak in the tub or something?
All kidding aside, it's great to hear from you; glad your Christmas was pleasant.
Stephanie C.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

"My hope is that this will make it possible to honor and respect one another in a way that will allow us to continue to be the best parents we can be to the girls."

Sounds like a good place to start.

I think you'll have a blast at the concert. Think of it like visiting another planet.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you want to go to an ashlee concert, and if you waer a nexium tee then I swear i will waer a shrit with an arrow stating, "I'm with stupid" AND HEY! GUESS WHAT? GREEN DAY IS NEXT...and if you sing there i will KILL you....:)

- your oh so luving newly wed daugter..lol

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home