Saturday, November 06, 2004

Saved! and Sunk....

Another installment of the Best & Worst of this week:

*My philosophy professor reacting to the absurdity of our university's policy to test the fire alarm, without any sort of drill mind you, on the first day of each month:

Ahhhh...there it is. Our cue to practice burning to death. Arsonist everywhere, rejoice.

*A student arguing that "gay television, shows like Will & Grace and Queer Eye, should be banned from television since impressionable children watch it and think, "hey, maybe that's an option for me." These television shows are teaching kids that it's ok to be gay." Alrighty then.

*My biology professor in the process of explaning natural selection and sexual selection:

"The females in a species are very discriminatory. Eggs are very expensive to make. They are the gate keepers referring to a long list of criteria, and ultimately, dictate whether mating will occur. Whereas, the males in a given species are a lot less choosy. Sperm is cheap to produce. The male will pretty much mate with anything....members of their same species or not. Telephone pole, mailbox....after all, they don't want to pass up an opportunity.

*What's the difference between a single woman and a married woman?

The single woman comes home, looks in the fridge and goes to bed. The married woman comes home, looks at what's in the bed and goes to the fridge.

*I thought the redness, bumps and genital irritation were from shaving. But now I'm not so sure. What else could it be? A pop up ad on my computer.....hmmm...what have I been doing to indicate that this particular item would be of interest to me?

*If you haven't seen it yet, see, Saved!

*If you have seen, Swimming Pool, I'm so sorry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arghhh - Simming Pool. I asked John if he was feeling a little "needy" when he rented that one...

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home