Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Dear Mom.....

Inspired by Philip's suggestion , I remembered a particularly touching letter I received from my ten year old daughter two years ago:

Mom,

thank you so much for always being there for me .... even when you where trying to work out your problems. some mothers would just sit there feeling sorry for them and them alone ... but no you are constantly taking care of me and j even in some of the hardest times in your life .

like ive told you and will continue telling you your a strong person even if you feel like some thirtyfour year old struggiling and juggiling two kids around. things arent always going to be perfect no matter what happens in your life. i mean think about it even in movies people who seem to have perfect lives in the beginning can end in the worst life ever. its sort of like planning to do somthing and it rains. you imagine it perfect but it turns out it just dosent work. life constantly gives you something new and exiting but sometimes you have too much stuff in your hands its just stressfull . im not a mother and surtanly not an audult but this i know for sure it takes a lot of work to be a good mother ...and you are one...even if you do stress out somtimes j isint old enough to under stand but i am old enough to under stand that every mom yelles even if its not very often they sure do yell and i'll tell you what with every thing you have in your life i would be yelling so much my tonsils would have to be taken out. belive me when i say your the best mom on the planet and i really apreciate being your freaky annoying little kid and so does j. she told me so in baby languige. see i can even spell how she told me behegbhgbgjwwwwrhgur see:) just kidding but she is happy. xoxo k

ps e-mail me back even if we do live in the same house:)

How did I get so lucky?

4 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Wow, lucky indeed. I can only hope one day Ash will even think what your daughter wrote, let alone tell me how she feels.

I just found you a few days ago but I am enjoying what I've read so far.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Wow, she was ten when she wrote that? Very mature, and very sweet and very well written. I'd have that thing framed and hanging on the wall in my office! (I can't believe I had a good idea; thanks for the link)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Interesting...email from the same house. There's a very good book called Donorboy by Brendan Halpin you might want to check out. Not the same kind of situation at all but your post reminded me of it.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful, touching letter. How sweet of K! Mature beyond her years. Stephanie C.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home